Sunday, December 21, 2008

Hey um um um a heyyyyya....life in a Northern Town

Yes, I realize that song (See end of entry) is about impoverished northern England, but it's the first thing I thought of when I titled this entry.

I'm back in Connecticut and freeeeezing. I stepped off the plane at Westchester Airport in White Plains and had immediate urges to turn around and head back to Tampa. However, it's good to see family and friends, as I did before I even stepped foot in my house last night. I went right from the airport to my dad's sister's house for their side of the family's Christmas party. From there, we went to see family friends in Roxbury and had a few drinks with them. It was a very satisfying night.

My aunt gave my mom and dad, brother, and me very thoughtful gifts this year. They were old family pictures of my dad's family that she framed for each of us. I'll take a picture (with the FANTASTIC new camera I got last night!!) and post them later.

I wanted to share something from my local weatherman's blog. To credit him, he is at geofffox.com and he's quite the photographer and a funny read. Here's what he had to say about the weather outside:

"The day after it snows Connecticut is beautiful. There hasn't been time for the piles at the side of the road to get brown. Everyone is still in a good mood. No cabin fever--yet."

That is pretty much how I feel too, Geoff.

Going with that theme, I thought I'd share some photos with you, my faithful following of reader(s). These are taken with my brand-spankin'-new camera!



Yes, folks...that is 11 inches of snow!








My Katie-koo, the best dog ever.



As you can see, I wasn't exactly successful in getting a picture of Abby and me. A little MySpace-ish..oh well.






Alrighty, best be going. Mom and I are going to brave the snow and do some last minute errands :-)











I realize this is a remake, but I prefer it. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Fierce fashionista said...

How to post a picture:
1. Click on the picture icon when you're making a new post, it's the second in from the right.
2. Browse for the picture, then upload it.
3. For some reason it automatically puts it at the beginning of the blog, so if you want to move it to a specific part, like it the middle or something, go to the edit HTML tag and copy and paste the code.

It sounds complicated, but it's really not. I can help you when I get there if you need it. =)

Mandy in Real Life said...

Thanks, Jess!!