Sunday, July 17, 2011

Here goes nothing!



Day 1-A recent picture and 15 interesting facts


This is me at Fenway Park 7/13/11

15 facts about me:

  1. I can only whistle one note. I can't whistle a tune to save my life.
  2. I'm an avid Patriots fan, and I have been for as long as I can remember. You won't be able to sway my allegiance! I was there when we hardly won, I've been there when it was -20 with a wind chill! I'm NOT a fair-weather fan.
  3. My graduating class from my public high school in rural Connecticut had 86 members. No wonder I wanted the "opposite of Cheers" for college: where no one knew my name!
  4. I can't drive a stick shift. I'm motor-challenged!
  5. I have recently become moderately obsessed with coupons.
  6. I have learned that youtube.com can be a VERY valuable source for instruction when you're trying to teach yourself new knitting stitches... or how to crochet from the beginning! (I'd rather have my Mommadoo teach me, of course, but I'm a very visual learner and it's hard to learn new stitches over the phone. Boo to living so far away!)
  7. As I'm writing this post, I'm finding I use parentheses too often, but that's what I get for being a language arts teacher, right?
  8. I was obsessed - literally - with all things Disney during college. I was over at Walt Disney World at LEAST 3-5 times a month. I turned 21 there and drank around the world with my parents, who flew down to join my friends and me. You can't say that my parents aren't awesome!
  9. I'm a grammar and punctuation freak. If you know me at all, this is no surprise.
  10. Even though I didn't like it very much when my parents would make me read every informational sign and/or map when we went anywhere new while I was growing up, I now appreciate the ability to get my bearings with relative ease on maps and my craving for learning more about new places. Thanks and props to you, Mom and Dad!
  11. I'm pretty opinionated; however, MOST of the time, I can understand why others could have a differing opinion, and I do my very best to accept their opinion and not be confrontational....99% of the time. I just can't stand idiocy.
  12. I count things without realizing it, like steps, stairs, intersections, and lights.
  13. I taught internationally in 2007. I can't wait to go back to the UK for the Olympics next year!
  14. I've lived in 2 states and moved a total of 6 times. Since moving to Florida in 2004 for college, I've moved 5 of my total 6 times. I'm glad I own my house and I won't be moving for a while!
  15. Saying goodbye to my family in CT has gotten harder each and every time I leave. I spend most of today crying on and off. I'm sure I got some weird looks as I sat on the plane in sunglasses, trying to look stoic, with tears streaming down my face.
Well, that's it! Here's to hoping I'll follow through with the rest of the challenge! :)

No comments: